Why You Should Be Updating Your WordPress Plugins
In the world of Internet, there are constant threats on you and your WordPress blog. Cyber squatters and burglars are on the loose, lurking on the unseen side of the World Wide Web and waiting for the opportunity to nab your site. This may sound really scary, but here’s good news—you have good people and you can get good tools to prevent cyber squatters from doing their business.
This is where the importance of updating and upgrading your WordPress plug-ins enter the scene. It’s very much like a vaccine used to prevent the development or occurrence of diseases such as measles and chicken pox. But just like the substance used in the medical field, if one isn’t knowledgeable in administering the “vaccine”, the upgrade of the plug-ins on your blog won’t be effective, let alone accomplished.
WordPress plug-in updates are beautiful and very useful—they create complex PHP codes that would make breaking security almost impossible; they shut down attacks and add useful features for your site. On top of that, the updates are so easy to install, you can do it while sipping your favorite coffee.
To ensure that you will have a successful update of your WordPress plug-ins, there are a few steps that you need to follow before clicking that “yes” button” on the update link.
1. Make sure to create backups of all your files. Back up your database and everything that’s important to you. It’s really painful to know that after your upgrading efforts, all your files can no longer be found. That’s tragic.
2. Remember to update all your plug-ins. Good plug-ins written by developers use the public betas of their new WordPress versions to test and upgrade their plug-ins. Some plug-ins may not be compatible with the newest versions of WordPress so experts suggest you leave them out until they’re suitable for use.
3. Deactivate every plug-in that you have before updating. There’s no need for you to uninstall them. You need to do this to ensure that any plug-in that is incompatible won’t hinder your update. After you’ve finished your update, you can reactivate the existing plug-in one by one and see if it’s working properly.
4. Search the Google for any problems that you are encountering.
In looking for a high-quality web hosting provider for your privacy and security in terms of the WordPress plug-ins, you must check if it has the following qualities:
- Provides reliable methods for backup and recovery of your database and files
- Gives the most recent and most stable versions of the server software
- Willingly and readily discusses the security concerns and processes, along with the features they offer
The thewpbestplugins.com offers a plethora of free plug-ins, free SEO plug-ins and free WP plug-ins for every type of website and blogs. It also emphasizes the need for security themes for each aspect of the client’s system. The three critical features for the safety and security of your site:
1. Knowledge and preparation – Keeping backups of your files and checking your WP regularly.
2. Limiting Access – Minimizing the number of possible entry points to malicious users.
3. Containment – Configuration of the system to reduce the impact of damage in case of danger.
For more information on WordPress Security check out this blog post.
About Our Author - Adam Troy
Adam Troy has been involved with Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimzation (SEO) for 12+ years. Adam has created dozens of niche websites mainly built on the WordPress platform. His main focus is building SEO friendly sites and driving traffic to these blogs.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!