SEO Post Link
If you have a blog on WordPress, you know that by default, it puts your blog post’s exact title as its’ post URL. This entails that you will end with a URL that will look unpleasantly lengthy if your blog post title is comprised of long words as well. Those long WP slugs may lead to several problems, but the most pressing on these is the fact that long URLs are not friendly for search engines.
WordPress came up with something that could address that particular concern. The SEO Post Link plug-in is considered to be the perfect tool to make up for all the shortcomings of the default WP slug configuration. This is good for bloggers and website keepers because there’s no need to think about the slug in terms of SEO faring.
The Various Features of the SEO Post Link Plug-in
To help you decide whether this plug-in is suitable for your needs or not, check out SEO Post Link’s main features which could help you reap numerous benefits for your blog or webpage.
1. It has a force removal option- This allows you to get rid of words from your URL that is shorter than the maximum length specified in the maximum characters options.
2. SEO Post Link features the maximum characters option- You have the power to specify the number of characters for your post slug and to control the length of your URL without compromising your preferred title.
3. The plug-in has remove short words option- This will enable you to remove the words which are shorter than 4 or 5 characters and which aren’t needed in the URL. You can also turn this feature on or off.
4. Unnecessary words option- SEO Post Link automatically filters out all the keywords from your post link and retains only the good keywords for your search engine result rankings.
Benefits of SEO Post Link
If you’re all set to make some money through your blog, all you have to do is find ways to improve your SEO ranking and make sure that your content is relevant, timely and high-quality. Take a look at some of the many benefits that you can get from installing the SEO Post Link on your site.
1. It creates a shorter version of the URL- A long URL can bring several problems such as:
- difficulty in passing it on to other readers or bloggers
- long URLs break into half when you send them in e-mails and they may not work properly.
- these long URLs get truncated and users will end at “page not found”.
2. The plug-in makes your URL more search engine friendly- Short URLs are ideal for making your SEO rank go higher because online users usually type in at most 3 or 4 keywords to find something in the World Wide Web. If your slug contains more than 10 keywords, chances are you may be decreasing your chances of reaching the top spot in search engine results.
In the final analysis, your blog posts won’t perform well in search engine optimization unless you have increased the value of your main keywords by keeping your URLs concise and brief with the aid of the SEO Post Link plug-in.
About Our Author - Adam Troy
Adam Troy has been involved with Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimzation (SEO) for 12+ years. Adam has created dozens of niche websites mainly built on the WordPress platform. His main focus is building SEO friendly sites and driving traffic to these blogs.