I have worked with many ecommerce stores over the last 12 years and I am always looking for a good store to use for myself and clients. After all this time I have found one I really, really like:
Bigcommmerce, it offers the advantages and scalability for big stores but also a very good starter package.
I really like that is build with SEO in mind and it is very easy to add videos and social media icons.
I find it very reasonably priced with excellent customer service.
Take a spin on their 15 free day trial with no credit card required.
At the present time a huge portion of people who set up blogs or websites aim to make money online. Aside from the products or services that they peddle to entice potential buyers into buying their items, bloggers and website owners also resort to allowing web advertisements into their pages to generate extra income. In other words you get paid every time a visitor clicks on an advertisement placed on your website. There are plenty of plugins which were designed to deliver the best results for your blog when it comes to generating revenue but unfortunately, not all of these keep their promises. Google Adsense is the most popular choice in raking in profits from blogs. the reason being Google has the biggest market share in the search engine world. This means advertisers pay TOP dollar for Ad space. It allows you to have more control over your ads and the manner by which these are displayed in your WP account.
For WordPress, there are several Adsense plugins that you can use to improve the performance of your site or blog and earn a substantial income not only from your merchandise. Take a look at the following Adsense plugins and select your best bet. Dont forget you can sell individual products placing banner ads in your sidebar on your WordPress website.
- Attachment page- Allows you to share big images in a new window and to show attachments that have thumbnail images as well.
- Revenue Sharing- A plugin that enables you to display ads in your posts.
- Advertising Manager- This one lets you add advertisements onto your blog directly from the backend.
- WhyDoWork- Inserts Adsense ads on the blog sans modification of the template.
- Under Image- Puts specified Adsense codes under the primary image in your post.
- Easy Adsense- Gives you a very easy way to generate income from your blog via Google Adsense.
- AdSense Now!- The simplest way to create revenue by putting the Adsense code in three spots in your pages and posts.
- WP Simple Adsense Insertion- Allows users to immediately and easily insert Google Adsense on their pages, posts and sidebars. With the use of the PHP calling function or a trigger text.
- Adsense Immediately!- Adds advertisements into your content’s body.
- Adsense Integrator- Created to insert and manage the Adsense ads based on Google rules and updates on Adsense.
- All in One Adsense and YPN- An open-source plugin that automatically inserts Yahoo Publisher Network (YPN) or Google Adsense ads in your posts. You can customize the ad color and position in the plugin options.
- Ad Injection- Allows you to include rotating banners. You can also use this plugin to add easily the Adsense advertisements in the sidebar.
- Google Adsense Dashboard- Hailed as one of the coolest tools available today. This plugin allows you to check out your earned money in your dashboard located at the admin panel.
To find these Plugins simply do a search at – WordPress
With the free and paid Adsense plugin for your WordPress blog, you have several options to choose from. Just ensure that you settle with the ones that you really need to boost up the money-making capability of your website or blog. Before downloading or availing any of these great plugins, read their features and make sure that they have plugin support in case you experience some troubles.
Every website owner and bloggers face serious problems on their sites and one of the most annoying things that they can find on their pages are spams. Many solutions have been formulated to effectively get rid of spam comments but only a few really work. Akismet is a web service that can help you save time by automatically identifying trackback and comment spam. You have two options in using Akismet—first, through pre-built plugins such as the WordPress Akismet plugin and the second is through the API. API (Application programming Interface) provides you with direct access to the Akismet service. Whichever you select, you must first register an API key which is a string of numbers and letters which act like your password or username. The API key will allow you to login to the service. Just like any other passwords, you must keep it secured and private to keep hackers from meddling with your account.
Things You Need to Know about Comment Spam!
Spam are annoying enough to make your head hurt or spark your irritability. To know which ones are more threatening over the others, you must familiarize yourself with some points about these horrible things.
- Comment spam is different from e-mail spam- The former wants your readers to buy their products while the latter wants you to purchase theirs.
- Web spammers make advertisements on your site- They can attract buyers and keep all the profits to themselves.
- Web spammers escape your attention- They want you to believe that they are real people with real comments and they want you to publish their comments on your blog.
- Backlinks are used by web spammer to sell products- They do this on your blog by tricking your readers into visiting their own sites.
- They employ humans- Spambots generate spams but many spammers are real people who write and post comments on websites and blogs.
By learning about this, you will have a better understanding of the need to have Akismet.
How Akismet Works
This web service runs hundreds of tests whenever new comments, pingbacks or trackbacks are added to your website. It also returns thumbs up or thumbs down rating on these. You no longer have to waste your valuable time sorting and getting rid of spammy comments on your website or blog. Akismet also tracks millions of forums and blogs to watch the tricks and methods used by these sinister spammers in real-time. It will warn you when a spambot or human spammer is trying to sneak their filthy comments into your page.
Features of Akismet Web Service
Akismet 2.5 has the following features for your website:
- Comment status history to make you easily see the comments cleared by Akismet and which were unspammed or spammed by one of the moderators.
- Automatic retry option when your web host cannot reach Akismet servers,
- Highlighting links in the comment body to show misleading or hidden links.
- You can see the number of comments that have been approved for each visitor.
- Unspam and Spam reports have been improved for accuracy.
This is a must have if you own a WordPress blog. You can download akismet by clicking here.